Triggered by this question: How to mass delete Tridion MessageCenter warnings? I have been moved to issue the Tridion Bookmarklet challenge.
As this is a community challenge, we'll be making use of this question to do the voting.
What you need to do
- Create a useful and well-constructed bookmarklet which enhances the Tridion GUI in some way. It should work with SDL Tridion 2013, but you may wish to consider making it work for 2011 as well.
- Publish it on-line. You can put it on your own web site, or host it somewhere else. (SDL Tridion world, Google code... whatever - I don't care, as long as it's available via the Internet.)
- Publicise it. You should tweet a link to your entry using #tridionlet. You also need to link to it in an answer to this question. Use whatever other means are at your disposal to publicise your entry.
- Get this all done by the end of 31 December 2014.
What happens once you've done this?
The judging will be done by the community. This is the reason why you need to link to your entry from an answer to this question.
We'll wait until the end of January, which should give people a chance to finish their New Year celebrations, and actually read the code... maybe try the bookmarklets out in real life. There'll be a burst of publicity during January to make sure people think about voting, and then whoever has the most votes by the end of 31 January 2015 will be the winner.
Is it better to wait until January to vote?
Yes - the entries might be improved right up to the deadline. Who knows? Also - some people may prefer not to put their entry on-line until quite late on, or may feel pressured by seeing other entries getting more votes (or less).
- Entrants: remember that many people will wait until January to vote, so don't read too much into it until then.
- Voters: I'm putting you on your honour to vote for the best entries. So please don't just vote for your mates, and please don't vote to show some kind of company loyalty. This is personal, not corporate.