I do not think we need a blurb explaining what Tridion is at the top of the FAQ as people who are part of the Tridion community (and hence this site's audience) will already know what Tridion is.
Borrowing from the FAQ's of several other SE sites, the other answers to this question and the comments on those questions here is what I think makes sense:
What kind of questions can I ask here?
Tridion - Stack Exchange is your source of expert answers for project managers, developers, testers, architects, administrators, and businesses using or thinking about using the Tridion CMS
If your question is about SDL Tridion and generally covers...
- Programming related to the Tridion API and associated projects
- Add-ons for Tridion, like Experience Manager, Audience Manager and Community Builder
- Extending Tridion
- Integrating Tridion with other projects
- Content Modeling, Architecture and Blueprinting
- Infrastructure requirements, Scalability or High-Availability configurations
- Server administration/configuration questions relating to Tridion and associated projects
And it is not about...
- Comparing Tridion with other CMS products
- General programming topics
- General server administration
- Implementation-specific topics like
- How do I insert a carousel on this page?
- How do I update my navigation/sitemap?
- Where should I create content for the French site?
- Tridion pricing, careers, job postings, or referrals for implementation consultants
… then you’re in the right place to ask your question!
Questions are generally acceptable as long as they require specific Tridion expertise to be answered. Does the answer change if you use WordPress or Drupal instead of Tridion? If so, the question is on-topic for Tridion Stack Exchange.
You should avoid asking implementation-specific questions. If your
question applies only to your company's Tridion solution, it cannot be
reliably answered by the wider Tridion community. Examples of
questions likely to be implementation-specific include those relating
to your particular Blueprint, Schemas, Component or Page Templates.
Your questions should not contain information identifying specific Customers, userIDs, servernames, passwords etc. and will be quickly edited or closed by the community to remove such information.
Issues like bug reporting, feature requests, generalized discussions, specific customer support issues do not fit into this site's Q&A model, and will be quickly closed by the community.
Please look around to see if your question has been asked before. It’s also OK to ask and answer your own question.